
I got up early this morning to bake my Christmas cookies with the little sprinkly things on top, and was surprised to find that our water was all frozen. The temp was in the teens, but the wind chill was in the negatives. Just one more reason why I hate winter. My first thought was to crawl back into the nice warm bed. By the time I had the fire going again I was awake, so I decided I might as well do something productive. But no water means no coffee. There was just about one cup left in the pot from last night, and I figured Mike was going to need it a lot worse than me. I found some Clorox wipes and decided I could use those to clean up, and went ahead with the cookie baking. After fortifying himself with only one cup of leftover coffee (instead of the usual full pot of fresh coffee) my sweet hubby put on his layers of cold weather clothes and took the space heater under the house to thaw the pipes while I stayed in the nice warm kitchen baking Christmas cookies with little sprinkly things on top. What a guy. That's why I saved the coffee for him.
8 comments:
Those look so good Lou. Wish my cookies were already made!!
I hope you got your pipes thawed out without incident! Nothing worse than a broken pipe in winter! Beautiful cookies! You did great with both the photographing, and the baking and decorating!
I love your lighting and colors. Here's hoping you got your nice cup of coffee!
Hmmm. . .these look great!
Those are gorgeous cookies! Love the green icing!! Hope your pipes are working again!
Oh these look so yummy. I have eaten so many cookies this year!
Mmm...those look scrumptious!
What beautiful cookies, mine never turn out that pretty! Great angles on the shots too!
Post a Comment