



Today we spent some time with the horses. I haven't done that in a long time. Something about being with them is just so relaxing and therapeutic. I really need to take more time to spend with them. Carmen is one of our older mares who has the beautiful, long flowing mane - at least it used to be. Lately it has been totally matted with cockleburs. Not a pretty sight. So that's what we did today. We detangled and de-burred her. As you can see by the 'before' picture, it was not an easy job. But she was very patient. When we finished we gave her a new do- braids. To keep it from getting so tangled and full of burs again. After a little practice being hitched again she is going to be our surrey horse. So today was her glamorama day.
After we finished with Carmen I spent a little time just walking around with the others and taking some pictures of them, also something I haven't done in a while. Our latest baby, Spud, who was a surprise baby, has the most amazing eyelashes. I swear they are an inch long. I couldn't resist taking a few shots of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment