Monday, August 4, 2008

What the heck is a rune?








Apparently it is a marking like the ones above that the Vikings made to document their presence. Who knew there were ever Vikings in Oklahoma? Not me. Our visit to the Runestone National Park (don't remember if that is exactly what it is called, but close) was interesting and educational.


We went to Shady Point/Poteau/Somewhere-in-the-Boonies-Near-Ft. Smith/Mountainburg to look at buggies. (Check out the awesome view in the 3rd pic). We didn't buy any of them- all were too high priced. But we did have a nice, relaxing weekend at Casa Osborne, and bought a pallet of rock for our new sidewalk (that's it in the second photo-still in progress). I know- who takes a picture of their sidewalk, right? That'd be me.




Recognize the decorative orbs in the first photo Jana? That's how I entertained myself while Mike took a nap. I played with my camera and took pictures of inanimate objects in your house. Kind of a neat shot though, huh?


I wish I knew how to put photos between the paragraphs. If there is a way I haven't figured it out yet. Until I do, you'll just have to bear with me.
I feel like I'm rambling. Hope I'm not boring you to tears. I guess if I am you can just click on the X and close my blog. :-)











No comments: