Saturday, December 13, 2008

Big Day in the Big City

Today was a big day in the big city of Edna. Christmas parade and Arts and Crafts Show. Mike brought the surrey, pulled by Kate and Allie, with little baby Spud tagging along. He gets lots of attention. Unfortunately I didn't get to take any pictures because I had a booth inside at the show. It was a fun day, and I even sold some pictures.

I don't have any new ones tonight, just some that appealed to me as I sorted through them for the show.





I've always liked this one. I can't really imagine it hanging in someone's home, but it really moves me. I took it a long time ago in the old Oakwood Cemetary in Parsons. There are 375 Civil War veterans buried in a special section of the cemetary called Antietam Circle. That's your history lesson for the day.


This one also was taken in the Oakwood Cemetary. I've always loved it too. And someone actually bought this print today. :-)



This one is the old Star schoolhouse that is located just a few miles from our house. It was quite a conversation piece today among the locals.







1 comment:

pat said...

Nice photos, Lou! I really like the pp on them. The one of the angel makes me think of the hymn "The Old Rugged Cross". COngrats on selling some photos!!